solution needed - campag record gear levers on shimano boss

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So my batavus has shimano gear lever bosses. And I have Campag record gear levers. What's the best way to fit one to the other? Short of making a new rear plate, I can't think of anything!

Mine are the ones with a round base and a forward facing tab, internet pic attached (not my actual bosses but they're the same). The standard is the campag type, with a square base. The curved washers on late 80's - early 90's shimano downtube levers are for converting the campag type braze on bosses to shimano type.

I know the batavus was originally sold with a shimano 600 group, which I guess is the reason for the shimano braze on bosses. I hope to fit some campag levers but they won't go on without some fiddling or fabrication.

Or I might just have to fit some shimano levers :facepalm:

Attachments

• 6875330682_ec414ea8a1_b.jpg
    6875330682_ec414ea8a1_b.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 469
I have never seen those before!

Mine are just the 'normal' ones i've had on countless road frames over the years

DT_shifter_boss.jpg

Yep, Shimano's attempt to set a new standard. In this case as successful as Suntour and lasted about 2 years. :( OEM or much bodging needed.

Shaun

What I thought then... will try a bodge and if not will have to fit some shimano levers.

Back