Rare and rarerer!

t47b

rBotM Winner
As most of you know I have a rare Swiss Imholz bike, for those that don't here is a pic...

imagejpg1-6.jpg

There are only two of these road bikes on the entire web and the other one is from 1937!

Well if my bike is rare then my latest find must be rarer still...

DSC04310.jpg

I assume they made less ladies frame bikes it has the same double crown track forks, the headset is dura ace not campagnolo and the dropouts are shimano not campagnolo.

DSC04318.jpg

I have started to make up the artwork for the decals as I have mine intact to work from, I will then need to learn some pin striping skills (although as Mrs T is an artist I might get her to do it :D )

I want to build it up to 'match' my bike for Mrs T to ride, I have no real knowledge of mid to late 70's Shimano group sets, I was thinking Shimano 600 arabesque as it resembles the ornate nature of campagnolo but I'm really looking for some expert guidance here...

Waddya think?

Re:

AndyMart":1ta3ksr5 said:
Lovely. I think arabesque would look great.

I love a majority vote - Arabesque it is then :D

Bits ordered and are on their way from Romania as I type :D

Will update as build progresses...

( although with all this heat and sunshine it may take some time :mrgreen: )

Re:

Update:

Bars, levers and bar tape bought...

DSC04433.jpg

How nice is that tape!

Thanks velobitz :D

Hi Howard are they arabesque levers as mine don't have the quick release tab on them so now I'm confused :? (it don't take much :oops: ) I'm going to the shed now to check :)

Looking good BTW :cool:

Re:

Swiss bikes, Swiss brakes, weinmann 500 red dot to match my other bike which has the 3ttt bars and stem and weinmann brakes.

DSC04374.jpg

Re:

:D

I have my glasses on and I still can't see how the release mech even works, do they drop automatically? although it will probably be more apparent when I connect some cables to them :D

It really is coming up beautifully!
Liking this a lot :)
Well done, and keep us updated :)

Jamie

Back