Cellini - whats the scoop.

Boothy

Retro Guru
Bonjour,

I'm usually an old school mountain bike purist, so I'm the 1st to confess I know nothing about road bikes, heathen!

I've decided I need one, and have seen a titanium Cellini... Any good?

Opinions por favor, many thanks. Boothy.

Er.. I'm pretty sure its spelt like that...

But perhaps I've got the model name rather than the make, it's from De Ver bikes, does that make any more sense?

Cheers chaps.

cchris2lou":1a0qheqc said:
probably Cinelli . ;)

was there ever a ti cinelli?

google turns up several references to 'cellini' bicycles, as far back as the 70s and as current as a full-carbon monocoque tri bike. no luck finding a mfg website in my 3min of looking...

Lots of people subcontracted people like Merlin and Litespeed to build flagship models for them. Also lots of shop-sponsored teams also rebadged Ti bikes in their brand.

I bought a Litespeed badged as a Morati - the shop had done it as a promo special and when I checked the number with Litespeed it was confirmed as one of theirs.

Every day's a day at school chaps,

Cheers.... hopefully I'm edging closer to figuring it out. from what I can make out they seem to have some sort of history in Triathlon.

Does the fact no one knows that much about it point to the fact it's rare and unique or a worthless pile of dung... who knows, but if it really is titanium it's gotta be worth a look right?

Back