My own SBDU Timeline

originalshinkicker

rBotM Winner
There are a few SB frame number and year timelines floating around the internet so I thought I would add to them by researching and writing my own blog about it. Because there were probably 10000 SB frames, with approx 8500 of those from Ilkeston, there will be some info in here that may not tally with your own bike. I've used a sample of about 200 frames to come up with the detail.

Unfortunately, there is just TOO much to copy to the forum, so here is a link to the post.

http://wp.me/p2bi1s-Dt

It includes frame and identification details starting from 1974 up to 1987, together with a probably timeline as it goes.

Hope it is helpful to those with SBDU frames in some way.

Cheers
Neil

That is a really useful document of these world beating British-made frames.
I content myself with a Worksop built 531 replica, but appreciate the SBDU frames.

Well done, Neil.

David

Re:

What an epic task this was.... and an epic achievement to realise. HUGELY helpful. Data that isn't presented in a helpful, cogent and cohesive manner is almost worse than none at all. This timeline shows how it should be done.

My personal thanks and appreciation for this invaluable tool and reminder when the Raleigh SBDU truly was Best of British when it came to design, engineering, innovation and craftmanship of the finest racing frames.. anywhere.

Peter Kohler
Washington DC USA

Re: Re:

kohl57@yahoo.com":1x0j0hpb said:
What an epic task this was.... and an epic achievement to realise. HUGELY helpful. Data that isn't presented in a helpful, cogent and cohesive manner is almost worse than none at all. This timeline shows how it should be done.

My personal thanks and appreciation for this invaluable tool and reminder when the Raleigh SBDU truly was Best of British when it came to design, engineering, innovation and craftmanship of the finest racing frames.. anywhere.

Peter Kohler
Washington DC USA

Thank you Peter, your comments are very much appreciated. The content in your Yahoo group has been very helpful!

Neil

Thanks for the links everyone - the more I can get the more accurate I can get it. Hopefully going to give the timeline an update every month if new stuff crops up

Back