Holdsworth frame builders

Euskadi

Retro Newbie
Does anyone have any information on Holdsworth frame builders (names and years of work)? I have the following list of names and info mainly from Hilary Stone + Norman Kilgariff + Classic Lightweights websites

Frame builders
Jack Capeling
Bill Rann
Bill Harlow
Sid Bishop
Reg Collard
Chas Roberts
Tommy Quick
Alec Bird

What peaked my interest was a mention that the 'B' on frame no. B 9017 (La Quelda from 194:cool: was likely made by Sid Bishop.

I also came across a frame on eBay recently stamped TO (according to seller) no.11310. It has an awful paint job covering original decals, but head badge looks to place it round 1953 (as does frame no. as far as I can make out). Can't make out model from pics, but if the initials do indicate a custom job then it might explain some anomalies on lugs). I wondered whether the TO was actually a TQ for Tommy Quick, but I have no idea when he first started working at Holdsworth, only that it was likely he was there by 1961. Tommy's initials are usually listed as TCQ anyhow.

If there is any info anyone can add on names and years they worked at Holdsworth that would be fantastic.

Back