1st post and 1st classic..ish bike with pics

oldandnew

Dirt Disciple
I have been after a 90s bike for a while and nearly bought a europa however i have always had a thing about bianchis so hey ho i got one.
Ive done a bit of research but still not sure if its a 98 or 99....plus exact model
anyway
The fit is great but just want to change the stem for a shorter and less in your face if anyone could help me re sizes please

That's a lovely Bianchi and a Mercatone Uno team replica? to boot.
Very nice, I am a big fan of the team and of Marco Pantani :)
The stem is original to the bike and is the same as some team bikes, in looks anyway. Easily sold to fund the stem of your choice, but if it was mine I would leave it as its part of the build. Though no good if its the wrong size.
Welcome aboard and happy riding with your lovely new steed :)

Jamie

Hi jamie thanks for info....i may just stretch my arms lol
Do you know the exact model anf year...from a bit of googling i think its a 1998 or 1999

Lovely bike.
Set up a search on e bay, those ITM Bianchi replica stems come up quite often, usually at half sensible money, and often quill stems not ahead, ( it looks like a threaded headset), so you could dispense with the quill adaptor. It shouldn't take too long to come across one of the correct length

I've got most of the Bianchi catalogue's from that era. If the pics were higher resolution could maybe help to definitely ID the model and year

Back