Name this 60s or 70s carlton built raleigh( I give up!)

AndyMart

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Just picked this up. Frame number A8617. Lots of chrome with campag ends. Nervex lugs I believe. Nice quality frame without a doubt which I thought was an international.

Attachments

• 2016-02-27 17.13.24.jpg
    2016-02-27 17.13.24.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 739
Re: Name this 1960s carlton built raleigh

Do the wrap over seat stays just not quite meet in the middle and end in touching points?

Shaun

That was the signature frame design of the Carlton Flyer, way back when you could order the Flyer with Nervex lugs and all manner of changes from the spec in the catalogue.

Nice looking frame :)

Shaun

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They scrub up well, I'll strip it down and clean it tomorrow hopefully. But what about the Raleigh branding? Did they do a Raleigh flyer?

The Flyer at that stage was just a Carlton and never wore a Raleigh badge. AFAIK the Flyer seat stays never made it to any Raleigh.

I think Raleigh kept the Flyer name and used it much later for a cheap and cheerful Raleigh bike, way after my time though......

Shaun

Back