Sakae Randonneur + Carlton Grand Prix Advice

jonnyk123

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Just getting into vintage bicycles. I own two bikes now one is a mint condition sakae randonneur road champion. I have paid £100 for it and i wanted to know if it was worth the money i have paid? and also how much the bike is actually worth?

The same question applies for my second bicycle which is a Carlton Grand Prix.

I paid £30 for the second bike. This bike is in bad condition, original paint that has faded to pink, a little rusty, but in fully working order.

Thank you in advance.

Thirty quid is about right for a bike like the Carlton which is working, the paint does fade quite a bit as it was a bit if an experimental paint at the time...

The first bike reminds me of a set of handlebars and not a bike?

Shaun

Re:

Just realised that the bike has been sprayed! Seems like a very good bike. Is there any way to work out what kind it is?
Jon

Hard to say with out seeing either of them but a Sakae Randonneur road champion for £100 sounds like a real bargain to me. If its in good condition and mostly original, and it fits you of course then that's a great buy. Its been a while but from what I remember back home they were very good quality machines. Often undervalued over here, and that's when you can find one. I seen one just the other week for sale, a private import from many years ago. Looked lovely but too big.
The Carlton, while more Shauns thing sounds like a good buy at that price. To be fair it would have to be pretty bad for regrets at £30 :)

Need pics as well.

Jamie

Back