Anyone near Amersham with a 2-prong Suntour freewheel tool?

Re:

Burnham or Chalfont St. Peter during the day, I'm sure I have one what free wheel was it for?any use ?

Aha, excellent. Thanks chaps. @martinb, does 4pm ish qualify as in the day? I'm assuming you mean office hours.

My own stupid fault. I paid Chiltern Bike Barn £5 to remove this (6 speed) f/wheel from a wheel to put on another wheel, then completely ignored a friend's advice to take the opportunity to service the hub because I was too eager to put it on and too scared to attempt a hub service myself. And lo! after putting it on the bike I discovered there is play in it. So I could spend another £5, which means I might as well have bought the tool in the first place, a fact that annoys me as a. I've been stupid and b. it would be a waste as it would sit in the tool box never to be used again.

Re:

I can only find the larger 2 prong tool, but I think you may need the smaller one, came across every other tool, atom, campag shimano. Will look again in morning and let you know

Very kind.

Looks like this before you've been silly and put it on a wheel without thinking. Whether the prongs go in the 11 and 5 o'clock spaces or 1 and 7 o'clock I don't know. I think, as you suspect, the smaller ones.

Attachments

• fw.png
    fw.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 587
Re:

Have you ridden it ? If not you could spin it off with a pair of long nosed pliers with an end in each of the inner slots.

The outer groove will open up the freewheel and release dozens of small bearings onto the floor.

I did look again in the tool box, and I'm sorry to say I can't see that remover. Maybe Ron in GX can help.

Re: Re:

martinb":39zq355b said:
Have you ridden it ? If not you could spin it off with a pair of long nosed pliers with an end in each of the inner slots..

Ooo might try that - no, not ridden it, and remembered to grease the thread before putting it on. Thanks for the suggestion!

Re:

@rse. So have just found the block spins nicely in both directions. Perhaps another LBS visit is wisest course of action :(

Back