Campag Rims

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

As far as I am aware when Campag got into rims they had Record and Victory ranges ...

Which was considered superior?

************************/images/montello/wheels/1986-campag-rims.jpg

Then in 87 they brought out a whole new range that was names with Greek letters ...

Generally Record top trumped Victory with victory being mid range and a bit retro in design.

Presumably it applied to the rims as well.

Shaun

Midlife":104fkk6g said:
Generally Record top trumped Victory with victory being mid range and a bit retro in design.

Presumably it applied to the rims as well.

Shaun

That was my assumption but looking at the spec sheets it is hard to see any difference.

stringfellow1946":373nh67k said:
I've got a few pairs of the Victory rims NOS Crono & Strada 36 hole only unfortunately

Oh ...I may be interested in the Strada; how much do you want for them?

I'm not sure on the price, i would be more interested in doing a swap for a part that I require.
I will first have to check which one I have but pretty sure I have both types
I will get back to you later.
Chris

Re:

The Record range was beautiful. We used to have dozens of both the Pave and Strada rims in stock, in both 32 and 36h. The Strada was slightly lighter but both with red and silver labels fitted.

The Sigma range, I think came out slightly later, the first time I can remember seeing them in the pro peloton must have been 1990, with that lovely royal blue label design . . I don't know whether it superceded the Record range or whether it was the Euro version of the Record range. I'm sure it was at least on a par with Record.

The Victory range was a cheaper range and we never had them for sale.

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":2uh7dbxt said:
The Sigma range, I think came out slightly later, the first time I can remember seeing them in the pro peloton must have been 1990

The Sigma and other models with Greek letter names came out in 87; prior to that was just Record and Victory.

Strangely the Victory Strada rims were lighter than the Record equivalent hence my question above; I would have expected Record to be lighter.

I'm really after some 32H Record Pave NOS rims... but I fear they will be hard to find.

Montello":3mc8sn3m said:
rusty bodie":3mc8sn3m said:
The Sigma range, I think came out slightly later, the first time I can remember seeing them in the pro peloton must have been 1990

The Sigma and other models with Greek letter names came out in 87; prior to that was just Record and Victory.

Strangely the Victory Strada rims were lighter than the Record equivalent hence my question above; I would have expected Record to be lighter.

I'm really after some 32H Record Pave NOS rims... but I fear they will be hard to find.

Were the Sigma really out that early? I can't recall seeing any Campag rims until Delgado popped up with the lightweight silver Record ones in the 88 TdF.

I have had a saved search on ebay for those rims you're after for the past TEN YEARS and have only ever seen a couple of pairs of 36h Pave, I'm afraid . .

:(

rusty bodie":2drhhg0w said:
Montello":2drhhg0w said:
rusty bodie":2drhhg0w said:

Were the Sigma really out that early? I can't recall seeing any Campag rims until Delgado popped up with the lightweight silver Record ones in the 88 TdF.

I have had a saved search on ebay for those rims you're after for the past TEN YEARS and have only ever seen a couple of pairs of 36h Pave, I'm afraid . .

:(

I have a scan of a 1987 brochure showing the rims.

I may have to be flexible on my rim choice, a component that wears out ...

Back