Steerer Die

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
I need to cut new threads onto a fork steerer. Obviously there's the park tool available at £200 or so. Not a chance.

There's dozens of die sets available, mostly metric but also the odd imperial set, and at palatable prices. However, I can't locate anything that contains 1" x 24 - is this because there isn't another application for that pattern leaving me with the £200 option?

Re:

That's a good starter for 10 - a 60% cost saving already! I'll bookmark that pending any further options. Cheers

A big buy for the one job :? no bike shoppe or recyclers near you ? or even a wee engineers.

It is a big buy I suppose, but I can employ it to chase out threads on plenty of other forks that could frankly do with it. I'm attempting to get a little more self sufficient on the build & maintain front, cutting threads is the only thing I don't do. Oh & painting, but I won't be attempting that.

That Cyclus looks a nice bit of kit, I'll have a trawl to see if I can find it a little bit cheaper.

Cheers

Re:

161369090723 try this item on ebay, should be ok for the odd time you need it and all for less than £8

FINNEY1973":1atjtadf said:
Is there a handle to go with it?
If you read the description further down they mention that a die handle is available in their store. 55mm O/D so should be easy to find a handle to fit?

Back