Giant Peloton Superlite

fandango

Retro Newbie
First post so be gentle...

I have a Giant Peleton Superlite which I restored to near original condition. The frame is un-touched other than having a good clean and polish.

I’m after some information about it’s history as I’ve never seen another one like it either on the road, or the internet.

I’ve spoken with Giant UK, and they tell me that it’s not a UK model, and that their records don’t go far back enough to help me any further. What they can tell me is that from the serial number, the frame was built in 1992.

Does anyone have any other information they could share?

1381755366_3189fb9459_o.jpg

Can't help with the bike but those Profiles bring back memories! I think mine are up the loft somewhere. The lettering on mine are floro yellow.

Peloton superlight

I had a white Peloton, bought new in about 1991. Not a Superlight though. Last week I saw a white Superlight in the bike shop where I work. I'll try and remember to ask one my knowledgeable colleagues next week whether anyone knows anything about the bike. I remember my Peloton as rolling very well and being very smooth, solid and rattle-free. Nice bike - stolen last year unfortunately

Well, sorry, what we had in the shop turned out to be a Giant Speedster Superlight - different bike. (And mine was just a Peloton - not a Peloton Superlite.)

Peloton Superlite

Hey, I also have a Superlite. I Bought it in Oxford from new and easily raced the local buses at 30 mph. Like mine, your particular bike was produced early in 1996, March-ish time and would have cost about £500, quite a lot for a racer in those days, but the reviews were superb. It's a fabulous competition bike and even has a place on the rear of the frame for your racing plate.

The only thing I have ever replaced are the tyres...and that was about three years ago.
:)

I've got one that was the same spec as the one the OP has.I now use it as a timetrial bike though.
Will post a pic soon.

Back