Help! Anyone heard of Astor?

tomk0909

Dirt Disciple
Hi, i am very new to the vintage road bike scene and i was scrolling through eBay when a bike caught my eye due to the campag bits and bobs but i have never heard of the manufacturer, Astor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Also any help with what to look for with regards to getting a quality bike for anything sub £250 would also be valuable, such as what manufacturer, components and frames to look for! :)

How old are you looking to go and how much do you want to ride it? What you get for your money and how usable it is day-to-day can really depend on the age.

Re:

That's the one Shaun, although I believe it has been re-listed as I am watching it on eBay and it says it hasn't finished yet.

Tom

Re:

Ideally I am looking to ride it more or less everyday to commute to uni and back which is only about a 10 minute ride. Cheers.

Re:

Think I may have missed the Astor now as it is no longer on eBay although I have now seen a rather nice looking bike from the same seller and it is a Capella, I have heard of the Capella lugs but not the brand itself! I really am a newbie haha! Once again any help would be great

Tom

Re:

Thanks for the reply! Yeah that seems to have the same font on the decals but like you said there doesn't seem to be anything else on the internet about them. This is the link to the bike in question, I mean to me it looks like quite interesting, I don't know about you? http://m.ebay.com/itm/331766455429?_mwBanner=1
Thanks again
Tom

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
In the mid 70's/ mid 80's the book listing Italian frame builders was akin to a London telephone directory in the Torino area almost every street had a guy building in his garage/shed they ranged from average to excellent some became sought after,a lot disappeared So you could come across a frame that the builder possibly only completed in single digits, which could be class or not so class, just because not many were made doesn't always reflect on quality as a lot of subcontracting went on & re-badging was very common.

Back