Band on cable stops

Dale cannon

Senior Retro Guru
I'm looking at a frame on eBay that was originally made for band on downtube shifters and therefor doesn't have any braze-ons. Has anyone any experience of using cable stops like the one below with Sti levers or better still know of a band on attachment that allows downtube shifters to be fitted?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 715
First gen Dura Ace :)
20130512_092732_zps9f7e1d8e.jpg

Shaun

The band on's campag and shimano have the same diameter bosses as the frame bosses so you can use any down tube shifter on them

Dale cannon":1rw2f6c6 said:
I'm looking at a frame on eBay that was originally made for band on downtube shifters and therefor doesn't have any braze-ons. Has anyone any experience of using cable stops like the one below with Sti levers or better still know of a band on attachment that allows downtube shifters to be fitted?

Many thanks in advance.
I cant see why it wouldn't work with STIs, but you may have problems with the clamp slipping down and scraping the paint and putting your stis out of index.
Also there will be no adjustment for front mech indexing so may have to fit an in-line adjuster on the cable

Shouldn't slip down the frame as most frames for band on shifters had some sort of "stop" brazed on. :)

1zmmc8h.jpg

Shaun

Latest posts

Back