Carlton Giro d'italia build thread

Re: Carlton Giro d'itala build thread

That's fantastic!! That's going to be a cracking looking bike once built up. What year is it?

Wow! I had one of the earlier Giro frames with the original seat stays that tapered down in size. That's going to be a stunner :)

Shaun

Re:

Components fitted to date.
Campagnolo n record rear mech.
Campagnolo front mech.
Campag bar end shifters {The frame was built for these}. still fitting these
Campag chainset , but looking for a TA or Stronglight . smaller rings .
Record h/b stem.
Itm bars .{at the moment}.
Brooks pro saddle.
GB brakes . with new dia compie levers .{still chewing this over} I want good brakes in hilly Derbyshire.
Wheels at this time are 27x1 1/4 Weinmann with Shimano large flange hubs which Iam looking to replace with Mavic Argent rims 700c with Campag Record large flange hubs .{ if I can get the block off the rear hub :facepalm: }

As this frame was built for mudgards I will fit them . Red if i can find some at a sensible price. I have some white bluemels so they may have to do for now.

FINNEY1973":3rgtyw3k said:
That's fantastic!! That's going to be a cracking looking bike once built up. What year is it?

I Think it is about 1969 . I will check the frame number .

Re:

That's looking really good. You just don't see that many Giros.

Just a question why the switch away from the Weinmann rims I'm assuming that you're going to 700c it's not any sort of criticism by the way I like the Weinmann rims personally but it does restrict your tyre pressure and 27" does not give you much scope for tyres admittedly.

Regards

Back