Raleigh Dynatech 853 help

cab3086

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all,

I have a Raleigh Dynatech 853 with a SN G38116.

Does anyone have any info on possible date made or even of the Dynatech team who may of raced these?

It came with Shimano 600 tri groupset, 8 speed STI, the owner reckons he had them fitted when they came out, now replaced with 10sp as the STI Rear broke.

I cannot find very much info online so I am hoping someone may actually have some info about the team/bike/years etc.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0113c.jpg
    IMG_0113c.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 476
853 arrived in 1996 (there may have been small quantities around in '95) and Ultegra went 9-speed in '97. That gives a fairly narrow date window.

There used to be a member here : bikemeister2000 he was product manager at raleigh special products and he was a wealth of knowledge here - but a shame I haven't heard from him now for over a year, he could've answered anything and everything
If you do a search you might find more info about 853 Raleigh frames here

The "G" is the year code for manufacture in the serial number if memory serves, just can't remember what year the G stands for............

Shaun

Re:

thanks ....so far so good, anyone know anything about Dyna-Tech racing team? or where i can get the same decals that say Raleigh instead?

Back