Worth a punt?

JSH

rBotM Winner
This just popped up on eBay. Allegedly 753 with plenty on braze-ons. On a buy it now for £160. Chrome looks ok so do I save it from the ignominy of single speed?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 722
The whole thing for £160?

Go for it looks nice,

btw. nothing wrong with a classic ss road conversion, makes more sense than riding a track bike on the road, although I agree it would build up into a nice geared bike

Says he got a mate to weld on some plates over rust underneath the chainstays near the bb and no picture of this 'repair'. On 753. Bodge sounds nearer the mark I'd be very wary

Re:

Ohhh that's nasty.

Argos charge around £110 for two new chain stays, chroming will be pricey, plus new paint will be needed.

Or given your location it could go back to Rourke for Jason to do the lot, but it will still cost a couple of bob.

I would not even think about riding it as is, 753 is sensitive stuff and was never designed to withstand MIG splatter repairs.

Re:

and a child's seat fixed to the top tube ? now if you knew what the frame was would you do that and if you didn't could you be trusted not to over tighten ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's been trashed! For the money required to put it back together you could buy an unmolested frame.

Shaun

Back