Falcon model ID

Southcoast

Dirt Disciple
I have a Falcon it is the same model as the bike listed on the classicrendezvous.com web site as "relatively recent (1980's?) Falcon"

The bike is the same colour with a chromed sloping crown fork with a brace or tang on the underside. It has no mudguard eyes and the tubing sticker says Cro Mo. The bike is mainly campag equipped and I would date the bike as about 1980 judging by the date stamp on the components.

Does anyone know what model this bike is and what tubing it is made with?

Any link to the pics or the page? I've looked at the website but couldn't find any Falcon's.

Shaun

Here you go

http://classicrendezvous.com/British_isles/Falcon.htm

Heres mine from a while ago too

file.php

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 940
Re:

Thanks for the link.

I have a magazine from 83 that lists the Falcon range. The pro and super pro are listed as being made of cro mo.

My bike has tange front dropouts which might be a clue. Did Falcon make bikes with Japanese tubing? The seat post diameter is 27.00.

I will try and post a picture.

Re:

I bought one of these Falcon SuperPros in 1980 from Colin Lewis Cycles in Devon. He couldn't get hols of one from the factory so they supplied the bike that was at the Harrogate show that year, it had Harrogate stamped on the bottom bracket next to the frame number. the stem also had a flute cut into it on each side of the horizontal section. Unfortunately the bike was stolen from Finningly, near Doncaster in 1988. I'd really like to find another one. I also have a Holdsworth Professional from '82 that gets ridden in classic events.

Back