LeMond steel frame question

Walter

Dirt Disciple
I have an NOS, never ridden LeMond frame and fork in the Team Z colors that still has the paper sticker on the on the bottom of the seat tube saying "Made in Italy." It is Columbus SL tubing.

Were the Billato Bros. the only Italian builders of these frames back in the day?

I am trying to get some detail on the bike before I decide to either build it up or to sell it. I will probably also list my extra LeMond TVT World Championship Replica (#37) and my production TVT Team Z bike for sale as well in the near future. Time to cull the herd a bit!

Re:

Culling is an outdated method now,simply put them out to grass
In the loft,under the bed etc.

Re: Re:

jm":12i9zyya said:
Culling is an outdated method now,simply put them out to grass
In the loft,under the bed etc.

LOL! Anything to avoid sending them down the road....

I seem to remember that some were Billato built and some were Ciocc built. I could be wrong so will double check on that but that's my memory of the steel LeMonds.
I know my TSX LeMond was Billato built.

Jamie

Re:

Some photos

Attachments

• small 1-1.jpg
    small 1-1.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 20151224_152150 - 3.jpg
    20151224_152150 - 3.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 1,294
Re:

More photos

Attachments

• 20151224_151625 - 4.jpg
    20151224_151625 - 4.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 20151224_151715 - 3.jpg
    20151224_151715 - 3.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 1,283
Re:

Jamie, the same has been said of Concorde, although Ciocc claim they have never made frames for anyone else.

Walter, I have a 1991 TSX frame which looks very similar, but has the brake cable routed through the top tube and also has no 'pip' on the head tube. My understanding was that the the "Hand Made" (see the rear brake mount) frames were made by the Billato Bros. So I am watching this thread with interest.

Hi Neil
Yes, your right, that was my memory of my Concorde Squadra frame and not the LeMond. That's what I get for posting late at night :oops:

My apologies Walter as I was thinking of a different frame and it was the rear brake bridge that was one of the indicators.

Jamie

Re:

I have heard from others that Billato also built frames for many brands including Torelli, Ciocc and Concorde.

Back