1986 Record #188 aka C Record

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

Why did this record group become known as C Record??

How rare is this group; the one with the blue "stones" in the brake arch nut?

How much would one expect to pay for a used group in good condition?

Also; can you run the brake levers aero and/or traditional??

************************/images/montello/blue/c-record/188-super-record-1986.jpg

Re:

The C just stood for Corsa - road. The first record delta brakes didn't work too well so they provided a cool looking Super Record with the blue 'gem', these are known as Cobalto brakes.

A very desirable gruppo. There are C Record Aero levers

Re:

I think Corsa stands for "Race" per my motorbike history (Laverda RGS Corsa etc)

IIRC the levers could be cabled either way. It's a long time ago now and I were but a lad...

Odd that the C Record description does not feature in any of the Campagnolo brochures but that is what is became referenced as.

Any thoughts on the price of a used groupset?

the C Record name does feature, I think in the 85 brochure. From memory, the earliest levers might have been non-aero only, with the aero option coming with the second generation.

Re: Re:

BigFoz":yedixt1j said:
I think Corsa stands for "Race" per my motorbike history (Laverda RGS Corsa etc)

IIRC the levers could be cabled either way. It's a long time ago now and I were but a lad...

I think corsa does translate as race as you say, and pista something more like race track. Of course it's about road racing vs track racing :xmas-wink:

Re: Re:

BigFoz":26f8wrrp said:

That's absolutely right.

Just had another look at my scans.

Seems in 1984 they brought out the #180 Group Record Corsa; shown below with Deltas.

When the they didn't work that well the brought out #188 Group Record with the Colbato Brakes.

Then in 1987 they brought out a 2nd generation Record group with revised deltas ...

************************/images/montello/blue/c-record/180-record-corse-1984.jpg

Montello":20e49x1h said:
Just had another look at my scans.

Seems in 1984 they brought out the #180 Group Record Corsa; shown below with Deltas.

When the they didn't work that well the brought out #188 Group Record with the Colbato Brakes.

Then in 1987 they brought out a 2nd generation Record group with revised deltas ...

I think there were about five generations of deltas before they were properly sorted

Back