Lug less Carlton Corsa?

Niallmo

Devout Dirtbag
Looking at a bike locally, it's badged as a Carlton Corsa and has the wrap over seat stays. Every other one I've seen has lugs, this one doesn't, the patina and decals all seem authentic but it has no top tube lugs....-re-badged! Fake?,

No such thing as a lugless Corsa. Those downtube shifters belong on the handlebar stem. Damaged / repair / filled in? Long drop for that rear brake too.............

Shaun

I was guessing damaged and repaired given the welding. Seems to have been done a long time ago though.

Re:

Is that a 26 inch rear wheel?

Looks like a DIY repair, appears to have the Raleigh 26 TPI headset.

Keith

Advice much appreciated....Will be swerving this one. I'd love an older Carlton. A Worksop one. I have a Grand Prix in my shed but it's a Nottingham bike. I regularly cycle through Carlton and wanted something local I could use as a tourer.

The Carlton Grand Prix was released in the 70's when Worksop was still in operation, just out of curiosity what's the number ?

Shaun

Midlife":rrav4922 said:
The Carlton Grand Prix was released in the 70's when Worksop was still in operation, just out of curiosity what's the number ?

Shaun

I've already checked, it's N, August 1980. Never thought to check it before I bought it.

Back