Which spokes!

JSH

rBotM Winner
The time has come to have a go at wheel building. I have some C-Record hubs and Record Pave rims and I have saved some of the old rusted chrome spokes to double check against the spoke length calculator but what spokes do people use in retro builds?

Generally DT: choice depends on the bike. For the touring tandem it's the big DT Alpine, for a road bike DT competition.

Re:

DT for me usually too.

Be sure to measure the ERD of the actual rims rather that relying on the spec sheet for your calculations.

I bought my spokes off a guy on here, made sure the length was right and I had the right spokes. Fast delivery and a good price :)

The cycle clinic, user name bm0p700f :)

Shaun

Re: Re:

gavr":xm7c2a3d said:
DT for me usually too.

Be sure to measure the ERD of the actual rims rather that relying on the spec sheet for your calculations.

I will cut down a couple of spokes to 200mm and use that method. I may also grow a beard to see if that helps ;)

Re:

JSH":17gnohbw said:
I will cut down a couple of spokes to 200mm and use that method. I may also grow a beard to see if that helps ;)

That'll do nicely :xmas-wink:

Re:

Sapim race rear and either Sapim race or the thinner Sapim Laser for the front.

With dt swiss substitute the competition and thinner revolution spokes.

DT Swiss alpine are triple butted and are great for heavy rider or low spoke count builds for heavy riders. Tourist like them to.

Re:

I use Sapim or Dt,the Spoke Calc app works and is easy to use and there is one on the dt site thats good.jm.

Back