Calling Shimano SIS experts..

Robster914

Retro Guru
Have fitted dura ace 7401 7-speed shifters to my latest project and oddly left hand shifter (front mech) is about 30deg from parallel to top tube when it hits the low gear stop. On all my other bikes both left & right shifter are parallel with down tube when little ring ( left shifter) & top gear on rear cassette ( right shifter).

Is this right? (Can add photo if this makes no sense!).

Re:

Many thanks pigman :)
It is an odd one. I actually have 2 sets of dura ace 7401 levers. One set has black writing and the left shifter sits parallel with down tube in low gear. These new ones have white writing 'Dura ace' written on each lever and have the 'angle'. Both index 7 speed. Must have been a couple of versions..

Yes this is correct. They're set like that so that it's easier to use with your right hand

Re:

many thanks chaps, always good to know that I wasn't losing the plot, it was a certainly a bit of a head scratcher at first!

Re:

Many thanks chaps
Most annoying is that whilst the shifters are nos they are missing a small washer (looks like a standard washer but castellated) which fits between the right lever and the boss mount. Grrr

So right hand lever has some side to side slop... So if anyone knows what I am on about and has one for a 7 speed SIS lever then I would be most grateful....

Latest posts

Back