RBotM - November - BRITISH MONTH - Nominations

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome once again to RBotM
Well we are into November and still sorting some things in the background which is why little things like moving posts etc is taking a while but on with November, and a quick fire round.
This months theme is BRITISH
Nominate now, if its British its welcome, wall hangers, racings finest, commuters, tourers, dig them all out and give them a polish, or not, and get it up.
Please get behind this as there is no reason for this not to be a long list of nominees.

Nominations run until the last day of the month and then a poll will go up for the next 5 days.
As its a theme month any previous winners/nominations are open to enter.

Let the Battle of Britain commence:

Jamie

Ok showing support. Won't win but ah well. And if anyone can date it I'd be grateful.

My overburys connoisseur tourer. In regular use with a mixture of ultegra and dura ace. Apologies!
Build thread in sig

Thanks FFTC :)
Great pic, Bagpuss, that Mercian, like your Hetchins could be standing in the middle of a landfill site and it would make it look beautiful.

Jamie

with%20bar%20tape_zpssxork7eg.jpg

A conserved 1946 Hobbs of Barbican Raceweight.
It has Conloy Asp 26" rims and Chater Lea small flange 32/40 hubs (with lubrication nipples on the ends)
Reynolds twin bolt stem and Reynolds Binda handlebars and a Lytaloy headset.
GB Hiduminium 'Standard' brakes with the rear callipers being the earliest incarnation as it only has the GB stamp and not the Hiduminium and Made in England found on the later production models.
Reproduction Shockstop 'honking' rubbers (which I have made). Reproduction cable bands (which I have made)
Williams crankset and Chater Lea 'tommy bar' pedals.. Brooks B17 Champion Narrow saddle on Reynolds Hiduminium domed alloy seatpost.
VicTree 'ping' bell and Simplex bottle cage.

Since the photo was taken the toe clips have been replaced with Catos adjustables with Binda straps.
The bike is currently being converted to use an Osgear. When it is ridden I use a Brooks B17 saddle. I have reshaped the saddle frame and recovered with leather.

Details of this project are at the Australian BNA Retro site

Re:

Thank you both .
Having allsorts of issues with my flick site ...I can not even see my own pictures unless I go into edit mode :?: :facepalm:

1973 Carlton Continental. The entry level model back in the 70s. This was a minor restoration job last year and was the first proper bike I ever had. Presented in near original spec, with a few period accessories thrown in.

P4181818_zps48nnop9f.jpg

P4181825_zpslwwegm1k.jpg

Can we enter bikes that have been entered before under the old 'rules' but not won anything?

Back