ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys, I need some advice and help.

My bike has stamped dropouts at the rear so there isn't a possibility to have a rear adjustment screw to keep the wheels level.
Is there something available for the off side which would fit in - such as a bolt and nut (like the one on the gear hanger claw) which will enable me to easily align the wheels instead of pratting around with it?

thanks

You can normally get some plastic push fit spacers that fit into the LH dropout, or something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... r&_sacat=0

But to be honest, fastening a rear wheel into plate dropouts is just as you described it - trying to hole the wheel central while the wheel is fastened.

Cheers
Neil

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hold the of wheel central against the chainstay bridge with one hand and tighten with the other. No other tricks I can think of at the moment unless you have two people.

Shaun

I've always done it as Shaun says, simple effective and easy - once you learnt the trick. Its done by eye with me!

Midlife":2uep62fu said:
Hold the of wheel central against the chainstay bridge with one hand and tighten with the other. No other tricks I can think of at the moment unless you have two people.

Shaun

same as the way i do it

Back