Phil's Blog

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i signed up for phil anderson's blog recently and am always pleasantly surprised when an update comes through, just like this morning . .

"In my early years as a young pro,the old guy’s would was always about early season stage races and how they used them as training events. I marvelled at the concept of not having to finish the stage but being able to roll up to the line and start again the next day. These stage races were really just staged training rides with a bonus gallop at the conclusion of the day for those keen on the money. Any one could turn up, no team kit and just race. World tour rankings and points changed that pretty quickly."

http://philandersoncycling.com.au/

:cool:

The guy in the Renault top and blue cinelli bike looks like Greg Lemond..........some of the others look familiar too.

Shaun

Midlife":1gbi71bs said:
The guy in the Renault top and blue cinelli bike looks like Greg Lemond..........some of the others look familiar too.

Shaun

Oh come now Shaun, you should be ashamed of yourself, that's a Gitane not a Cinelli.

Mind you I only got Lemond and Anderson although the baby-faced fella on Lemond's left in the plain blue top looks familiar.
As does the person in black who looks a bit like a woman.

Mark.

daccordimark":2h1a0c1z said:
Midlife":2h1a0c1z said:

Shaun

Oh come now Shaun, you should be ashamed of yourself, that's a Gitane not a Cinelli.

Mind you I only got Lemond and Anderson although the baby-faced fella on Lemond's left in the plain blue top looks familiar.
As does the person in black who looks a bit like a woman.

Mark.

All I could see on my tablet was something that looked like a C on the head tube :)

The guy at the back in the glasses looks familiar.

Shaun

Re:

:LOL:

he looks more like cheggers than vanders!!

the years have not been kind . . .a testimony to avoiding belgian spring classics!

:shock:

Re:

Funny how Phil is wearing his new team's jersey and riding his old team's bike. Alas, he needed the frame pump he was carrying that day, and iirc LeMan went on to win a two-up sprint...

...against Jim Carrey (behind Cheggers, white jersey with red shoulders).

Latest posts

Back