Anyone do L'Eroica?

Re:

Did the 205 again this year. Will try to get some photos and stories up this weekend or next week. Still trying to catch up on work from the days off I took :roll:

ibbz":1ewhci35 said:
L'eroica seems a bit Hipster.

I really think it's not,
I know it gets a some grief for the prices, not as good as it used to be, etc etc
but for my money it's properly authentic, no pretence, and although there will obviously be some "too cool for school" hipsters there the overwhelming majority are really down to earth, loved it last year, loved it this year. (even with the rain)

Re:

i looked at the photos and saw legions of pompous types snobs on penny farthings and bone shakers hipster Shorditch types beards tattoos and all. Not the type of place I'd be seen dead in
I think I haven't a clue really and probably wrong as never been there but I'm just judging by photos, so no offence or anything intended

On related note I do think there's a distinction between retrobike types and classic vintage types - what do u reckon?

there's a 25ish mile ride for any "non racing" type bikes, but anyone doing the longer routes will have left Gaiole way before they all set off (or are out of bed), so although I saw quite a few vids and pics of "Shorditch types beards tattoos and all" last year I never really saw many over the weekend, I think also that most non hipsters (obviously excluding me :) don't ride round with a camera
I can't comment on the UK ride but I'm the least fashionable person I know and I love it
. . . so there :)

phoog":2tyl7g0n said:
there's a 25ish mile ride for any "non racing" type bikes, but anyone doing the longer routes will have left Gaiole way before they all set off (or are out of bed), so although I saw quite a few vids and pics of "Shorditch types beards tattoos and all" last year I never really saw many over the weekend, I think also that most non hipsters (obviously excluding me :) don't ride round with a camera
I can't comment on the UK ride but I'm the least fashionable person I know and I love it
. . . so there :)

Thanks man
I stand corrected and from what you've said and the video it sounds appealing !
I avoid hipsters in all guises like the plague
. If hipsters started coming onto retrobike I'll probably start riding around in a fixie jus to be alternative ;)

Back