dawes possibly galaxy?

detrius999

Retro Newbie
Hi i went past a shop this weekend and they had a dawes for sale for quite a cheap price, the seller sated that the bike was a dawes but possibly not a galaxy and was from around 1988. Having looked closer at it I thought it might be earlier, so I decided to buy it. The details of the components are as follows:

Malliard Hubs dated 83
Weimann rims
Weimann 610 front brake caliper dated 1.83
Weimann 750 rear brake caliper dated 1.83
Stronglight crank 36/48
Suntour Compe 'V' front derailleur
rear derailleur no makers mark but stamped made in france 4265
Suntour shifters
Handle bars 'Premier Marque Grande Bretagne'
brake levers are shimano not original
seat and post not original.

It has two 531 stickers, the one on the frame i think is a later replacement as the bike has been resprayed blue, the original colour looks to be gold/beige or cream. THe front fork has an interesting mounting point. The frame is marked either TD751 or T0751 i think.I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on it.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/manofkent0/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Re:

Thanks for the reply, and also the pictures (which i have printed off for reference). I took it out yesterday and I really enjoyed riding compared to my 80's raleigh pursuit. It felt a bit nimblerer and it just seems to roll better so for £65 I am well happy with it.

Back