need help to identify possible Carlton pro

Ian d

Dirt Disciple
I've recently gained a new frame, but can't identify it, fast track stays and threaded binder,birdsmouth lugs,campaign dropouts chrome forks with haden type crown.
The frame number is partially obscured by later branded on cable guides and weld "repair" for a stripped bb. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-7.jpeg
    image-7.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 281
  • image-6.jpeg
    image-6.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 281
  • image-5.jpeg
    image-5.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 281
  • image-4.jpeg
    image-4.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 281
It doesn't remind me of a Carlton Pro, the early Pro has the fastback joining a little lower down, later pros had oversize seat stay caps like a Raleigh. Bottom bracket would have been slotted or had CC cut out.

Shaun

Re:

Thank Shaun
I must admit it's got me well stumped and I had my doubts, I think it's early 80s but that's as much as I know, it's light and comfortable so unless anyone else has an idea as to what it is I'll use it as a winter bike.
Ian

I've seen 80's frames like that badged for a variety of bike shops.... Roy Thame for example.

How much does it weigh?

Shaun

I should say it came with weinman wheels and brakes vx front mech campaign rear suntour ratchet levers, stronglight cranks cinelli stem and bars some of which I suspect is original
Ian

That's not too shabby :). Have you got a pic of the rear dropout / hanger to see how the metal is finished.

Shaun

A couple of photos one of each dropout

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1441132111000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1441132111000.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 232
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1441132135000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1441132135000.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 232
Portacatena dropouts with very Raleigh / Carlton stay end finishing, I wonder if its a Carrera?

Shaun

Back