Rim recommendation for C-record rebuild

RobWJL

Old School Hero
Can anyone recommend some era appropriate clincher rims please. What were the go to rims at the time?

Thanks

Re:

What hubs do you have ? If they are C record it would be nice to use Campag rims. I have just bought a pair of Omega clinchers, 32H, NOS from a reliable supplier on E-bay and I see he has another pair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Campagnolo ... 2806637bdb

There are others if you search.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks for the advice both.

With these hard anodised black rims, does the black wear off the breaking surface after a while?

Re:

c record was out for quite a while - are you planning an 80s or a 90s retro build?

if the 80s then hens' teeth mavic ma40 rims or maybe the ambrosio equivalent.

I chucked the bike in 1990 so don't have a clue about that decade I'm afraid!!

you should make it a real bike and get some sprints on it . ..

;)

Re:

the delta brakes work best with slightly wider rims, so you want to avoid too narrow a rim. Ideally you want 19 mm internal width as a minimum. The MA40 or its predecessor the G40 were great. The various Campagnolo rims were also good, but as already mentioned much depends on the precise period of C-record that you have.

Latest posts

Back