Mystery De Rosa

ylwgto

Retro Guru
Well a mystery to me at least…

I'm trying to buy this bike locally. The buyer sent pics and I am unable to id the model of this De Rosa. I have never sen one with these features:

-aero down tube shifter mounts
-very odd seat clamping mechanism
-no seat stay panel pantographing on the rounded upper seat stays
-oversized tubing
-what looks like reverse lugs (lugs integrated onto ends of top and down tube as opposed to traditional cluster lugs)
-standard BB lug

Any ideas? I've yet to see it in person but the pics show what looks like a Trophy Super Prestige logo. Is this possible? There is a Columbus decal on the frame but I cannot detect what tube set is denoted on it (my guess is EL or EL OS due to the size of the tubes).

thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.16.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.16.21 PM.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 714
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.16.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.16.28 PM.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 714
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.16.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.16.57 PM.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 714
Re:

Thanks for the link. I've had several just like the one in the pic, but never seen one with the features that this bike has. I'm totally stumped. Owner says he is original owner from 1993, but my searches have turned up nothing…

I may buy it anyhow, but would love to figure out what the heck it is!

If its not a De Rosa price tag then there's probably nothing to lose :)

You'll have to post more pics if you go for it.

I found an article on bike forums.net called what year de rosa is this, seems to be same frame, possibly 1982 like most other aero craze frames.

Re:

I think I figured it out. It is a De Rosa "Aero" or "Linea Aerodinamica"

http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/showp ... ll/si/AERO

Same frame, but I don't think it is a 1982 frame as the seller states since the Modolo Kronos levers were only available from 1986 and on (which that bike and the bike I'm interested in both have).

Any ideas as the the Columbus tube set used (possibly Air?)?

Thanks for the help!

Pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 679
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 679
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 679
Re:

ah, it makes sense then. thanks.

rest of the bike has incorrect mid '90s c-record then. also has crappy wheels, but it is all about the frame.

any idea what the tube set is?

No idea Columbus air sounds about right though, I just googled de rosa aero bike and got all that info, there's plenty more to go through, all part of the fun of these bikes.

Back