2015 Paris-Brest-Paris 1200km randonnée.

bugloss

Retrobike Rider
It's the time for Paris-Brest-Paris.

Are we likely to be seeing any Retrobikers riding classic/any bikes this year ?

If you're wondering what I'm on about see.......http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2 ... page=edito

I'll be manning the Saturday bike check in Paris, so come along and say hello and I'll be riding my 1986 De Rosa, starting Monday 5am for a bleary eyed Thursday lunchtime finish.

Pushbike will look something like this for the ride down to Paris from London and I'll take off the red stuff sack and leave it in Paris and trundle around with the Carradice.

Attachments

• IMG_1551 copy.jpg
    IMG_1551 copy.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 941
Re:

Have a good ride ,hats off to you . May the weather be with you etc...

Having done the SR series twice back in the 90,s I have a good idea of what you are in for .
Ride your own ride :cool:

Thanks bagpuss, I've a frame number X067. You can track my progress on the website if you lack anything more exciting to do.

At the moment I'm waiting for a new BB, as I had a look at the old one and it's had it.

Nothing quite like last minute!!

53/39 front with a 27-12 8 speed on the back. I did The Bryan Chapman and Hamburg-Berlin-Köln-Hamburg 1500 on it OK, so it shouldn't be any problem on PBP. <cross fingers>

As long as I get a new BB for it, we're set to jet.

I did a 1650km dry run in June on it from the middle of Jutland, down to Boekelo in Holland for a 600 randonée into Sauerland Germany, back into Holland and on to Hoek van Holland for the boat to Harwich and from Harwich to London.

A bit of a loop de loop, but good fun and took 5 1/2 days wild camping, with an overnight on the boat to Harwich.

Route to Hoek van Holland : http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8655982

Lots of fast and flat, with a bit of hilly inThe Sauerland region of North Rhine-Westphalia and crossed the route for The Hamburg-Berlin-Köln-Hamburg a couple of times, which was a treat to re-visit. It's great riding in Sauerland with very long, fast descents on perfect, wide empty roads with little traffic and you can really get a move on.

Re:

When your training ride is longer than the event ... well prepared with gas left in you tank . impressive :!: .

Good luck. Looks like you will have Steve Abraham for company. Would be interesting to hear how you get on and your observations of Steve (whose assault on the 'highest annual mileage record' -well over 70K- has just restarted after the incident with the drunk scooter rider).

Latest posts

Back