Raleigh Special products Frame

gysot

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone point me in the direction of any websites where i can get info to help identify a frame i have as ive searched the web but drawn a blank so far.

Here?
Post up the frame number and a few pictures and you should have an id within a day or two

FWIW it looks very Kinesis, which doesn't help much as they make bikes for almost everyone.......
But it's probably aluminium (looking at the thickness of the bottom bracket shell).
No idea when that particular badge was phased out, but probably ~10 years ago. Give or take a couple of years.

If it's been powder coated by the last owner (rather than a factory finish) you may have some issues later on with cracking, you've got to be careful with powder coating aluminiums, as the top end of the powder coating temperature range overlaps with the bottom end of the heat treatment range for some aluminiums.......

I have to confess i know nothing about kinesis bikes and have had a look through google images but couldn't find anything that looked the same.

Im presuming its been powder coated as its white inside the tubing although i suppose that could be a primer layer.

Well it seems this frame is a complete mystery as i cant find out anything at all about it and no one one various forums ive asked seems to know either !!

If it is a kinesis built frame, with the "wrong" stickers you'll struggle to find anything out, as they make frames by the thousand, and even nominally the same frame (brand/model) might differ year to year. Or could be used by several manufacturers with different paint.......

I'd not lose any sleep over it, unless you paid top money for it, or are trying to sell it!

I wasnt that fussed whn i was going to keep but i moked it up and its too big for me so its going up for sale but makes it difficult to gauge a price.

Back