Team issue Super U / Castorama Dyna-Tech 753 Frame ???

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Raleigh Team issue frame ????

I've picked up a new frame to restore (pics to follow once I get home) but its a Super U / Castorama Raleigh Dyna-Tech 753 same as the one pictured being ridden by laurent fignon.

Now heres the thing as well as the Raleigh SB number it also has JCB.B2.90 on the bottom bracket. I did some research and the only Raleigh / Castorama rider I could find with these initials was Jean-Claude Bagot

So could this frame have belonged to Jean-Claude Bagot and have been the 2nd frame made for him in 1990 ?

A friend of mine used to race with JCB as an amateur in the 70's in France and still keeps in touch with him. JCB's son turned pro a few seasons ago and started the 2012 TdF but retired very soon into the race. I'm not sure what's happened to him since.

:)

Looks like you'll be needing decals...

I need some for my 531c version, let me know when you ask Del to do them, he can do some for me at the same time

MrW":1cnsup0w said:
:)

Looks like you'll be needing decals...

I need some for my 531c version, let me know when you ask Del to do them, he can do some for me at the same time

Will do sir, might be a while thou as I am going to try and collect all the bits needed for the build before I do the frame. As I can see this one really hurting the wallet.

Very nice, what size is it?
I can furnish you with Campag C-Record brake cable and rear mech outers, pm me if you'd like.
I'm always pleased to see another team Super U/Castorama frame rebuilt and ridden, they are things of beauty in form and colour.
Richie

Hi Richie

Its 59cm c-t-t on the seat tube and 57cm c-t-c on the top tube, should be just right for me. Although with the cost of campy gear it will def be fair riding weather only :)

I've actually already got some pearl cables on route (typical). What I am having trouble finding if you know of any is a matching pair of Coca Cola bottles.

I'm going to start a build thread once a few bits turn up.

Back