Campag Extractorless Crank Removal ?

Apple Tree

GT Fan
I have just purchased a nice pair of Corsa Record Cranks with the four arms and one tucked behind the crank. My understanding is that in all versions of this crank the extractor threads are reverse and you need Campag's reverse thread crank extractor tool. Fortunately I have one but neither it or a conventionally threaded Shimano extractor will even start. I am assuming that some one has butchered the extractor threads on both cranks by jamming in an inappropriate extractor tool.
I do not wish to fit the cranks without some means of removing them in the future so it seems I have two options. Get the threads remade some how - is there a tool that will do this ? - or is there a way to remove cranks without using a conventional tool ? Some sort of auto hub puller might work but its sizing would be critical I would think. Does anyone have any experience of this or an alternative solution ?
Thank for your thoughts.

Re:

If I remember correctly the threads in those cranks were reversed, I am afraid I have no easy fix for you :(

If its any consolation I have a pair of C Record Pista 177.5 cranks & the crank extractor threads are standard & a park tool extractor works (CWP-06)

$_35.JPG

Re:

Cyclus make a kit for re-threading the extractor threads in the event of damage. AFAIK it's only the LH crank that had a LH thread (no, I can't say why, if that is so) but I suspect that using the Cyclus kit to fit an oversize RH thread helicoil both sides would get you out of trouble.

The Cyclus part # is Art.720017

KRs
Graeme

The original self-extractors would work but if the threads are FUBAR you have to be able to get them to thread in first ...

Back