Retro saddle bag question.

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
I like having a saddle bag on my bike to store my tools and tube. I'd like to get a retro style one to keep in character with my mid 80's bike. Unfortunately all I can find are modern ones which look a bit off and leather reproductions more suited to bikes from the 50's and 60's or earlier.

What are the rest of you doing? Stashing your gear in your jersey pockets, buying vintage ones on eBay, or something else?

At risk of being branded a heretic some other words....

Gilles Berthoud available at SJS, VO from freshtripe.

How desperate are you to find one? I have a nice condition Carradice in my shed which I'll never use. PM me if you're interested.

WilliamC":okvdhq14 said:
At risk of being branded a heretic some other words....

Gilles Berthoud available at SJS, VO from freshtripe.

We'll over look the flogging this time. :?

Re:

Hey guys - thanks for the info. My bike is an 85ish Bianchi - I don't think the Carradice or GB bags would go with it. I was looking for something akin to those old nylon wedge saddle bags you could get back in the early 80's that Cannondale used to manufacture.

Re: Re:

dirttorpedo":2uwdu1y3 said:
Hey guys - thanks for the info. My bike is an 85ish Bianchi - I don't think the Carradice or GB bags would go with it. I was looking for something akin to those old nylon wedge saddle bags you could get back in the early 80's that Cannondale used to manufacture.
You mean an under saddle one? I've got several of those as well in various sizes. Not necessarily 'Dale ones but they're all very similar.

Re:

Old Ned":ow8km45t said:
dirttorpedo":ow8km45t said:

You mean an under saddle one? I've got several of those as well in various sizes. Not necessarily 'Dale ones but they're all very similar.

Yes, that's it. Whenever I google, I get hits when I call them saddle bags, although BITD we called panniers saddle bags and we called the others seat bags or something like that.

Back