Andy Powell road bike

baytt

Retro Newbie
Hello

I've had a Andy Powell bike for a few years now and am going to have it resprayed, I am having trouble tracking down some of the frame decals , namely two Bristol City coat of arms. The same type that are on overbury frames. I believe there is a link between AP and Overbury.

I've gone to the usual places which either say to expensive or to complicated to recreate,

Does anyone know of a supply of these, know someone capable of recreating them or has a copy of the original picture?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_3qb ... 0NnNEdfdmM

Thanks

Alistair

I remember Arthur Powell (Andy's father) taking over the shop from Mr Overbury, who probably started it in the early 1900s. Arthur originally worked as mechanic there. Sadly passed away late 1970s. Andy's mother ran the shop, and Andy developed the racing side.
Bristol coat of Arms should be easily available, size and shape can be edited in a photo editing program.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

The bike is lovely, 531st throughout, mostly shimano 600ex, the engraved version can't remember the name, wheat became ultegra I think. The cranks are dura ace 7200 I believe with 54/42 rings,

The wheels are harder to make out because the logos have faded, I think they are wolber tubular rims, with 20mm tubs , can't make out the brand of those however, and the hubs are mallards though the look like campag copies,

Just needs some TLC since it was hanging up in a garage from what I believe was new, sadly the paint work is looking a bit tired but that's first to get fixed up.

I can't quite pin the date down, but I think it is early 80s by most of the kit

Alistair

Re:

Andy Powell bikes are sweet rides (link to mine below).

A few of the Chaps on the MTB forum have done Overburys restorations and grappled with the coat of arms decals: I think Danson67 who is a frame builder in his own right had some made: he might be able to help.

Incidentally, I can't see any pics in your link: is it a protected account?

Back