Eroica Hispania anyone?

ugo.santalucia

Retro Guru
Anyone did the first edition last sunday?

I've seen a few Brits posted the route on Strava... I'd like to do it next year... any comment? Positive/negative?

ugo.santalucia":28mts2qh said:
Anyone did the first edition last sunday?

I've seen a few Brits posted the route on Strava... I'd like to do it next year... any comment? Positive/negative?

Why Eroica?

There's been a lovely event running in Spain for a few years now - I did it last year.

Jon.

not aware of that.

The Eroica Hispania is 200 Km with 3 K of climbing... I am happy to drive down to the Rioja for something a bit epic...most retro events are 70-100 Km, if you know a similarly epic event in Spain, please let me know

Eroica has the brand recognition. I saw that they did Eroica California this year for the first time as well. Its tempting to do something closer to home like that rather than hump my bike all the way to Tuscany to go for a ride. If I had the time and $ I'd make it worth my while and come over there and do Vintage Velo Anjou, Retro Ronde, L'Eroica Italia and GB with a healthy dose of touring and sight seeing in between.

dirttorpedo":1q4ejn9a said:
Eroica has the brand recognition. I saw that they did Eroica California this year for the first time as well. Its tempting to do something closer to home like that rather than hump my bike all the way to Tuscany to go for a ride. If I had the time and $ I'd make it worth my while and come over there and do Vintage Velo Anjou, Retro Ronde, L'Eroica Italia and GB with a healthy dose of touring and sight seeing in between.

Anjou Velo Vintage is a lovely event in a stunning location (the Loire), done the Anjou twice. The Anjou and my Spanish event are two excuses to go to two lovely countries - lucky to be able to stay with friends during both.

Jon.

roadking":1v77a65m said:
dirttorpedo":1v77a65m said:

Anjou Velo Vintage is a lovely event in a stunning location (the Loire), done the Anjou twice. The Anjou and my Spanish event are two excuses to go to two lovely countries - lucky to be able to stay with friends during both.

Jon.

I am in Saumur right now for the Anjou!

Care to share a link to "your" Spanish event?

Back