Raleigh Record LTD

Jez1971

Retro Newbie
Hello All, I'm new to all this but wondered if someone could help? I have bought an old Raleigh Record LTD to keep me busy (needs a lot of work) From what i can see everything is right for the bike, except it has full wraparound seat stems and GB head like Carlton. The serial number states it was manufactured in Nottingham in 1976. The only pictures i can find of this model show cut off seat stems. Any help would be appreciated.
Jez

Welcome :)

The Record's sibling the Europa came with a fully wraparound seat stays on some versions. Pics would be nice..

Shaun

Thanks I'll try to search for the Europa. I cant upload pics but my avatar shows the seat stems.
thanks
Jez

Looks like a Carlton Crespera lug? I think you have to have 5 posts to be able to link
to pics, anti spam measure?

Shaun

With little knowledge I'm trying to date it. It has all gears and attachments for the
1977 Record LTD such as suntour gears, brooks saddle etc
But seems to conflict with the name with the use of wrap around stays and lugs leaning towards carlton with a 1976 Nottingham frame number does the use of a braze on guide on top of the bottom bracket possibly help with guidance or was
This used on all bikes?
Jez

Back