Campag bits question

gairym

Retro Newbie
Morning all,

I've come across this (click here to see) sale of some '97 campag bits and pieces.

I'm doing a Dave Marsh retro road bike renovation and was wondering if.....

1. people think this mix-match of dates (frame late 80's) is sacrilegious?

2. if people think that 200€ is a fair price for all that gear?

My take on renovation integrity is that whilst I'd love everything to be of the era and perfectly in keeping with the original etc... what's more important to me is that I get a beautiful bike, which rides well and most importantly doesn't contribute to a divorce due to costing the earth.

Ok, any advice appreciated (especially about his to avoid spousal anger whilst owning many many bikes).

Cheers, Gairy.

Re:

I think that's a pretty good deal, depending on the condition - e.g. are the shifters in good working order. It would cost more than 200 euro to put that groupset together.

I personally don't really believe in the idea that anything is 'sacrilegious' when it comes to bikes. It's your bike, your money, if it works and you're happy go for it. If others don't like it they can fume le cigare :cool:

BTW, I'd be careful about posting links to online sales on forums. I got shamelessly gazumped on a certain American forum when I posted a link to a bike I was thinking of buying. I think people on retrobike are more decent than that, but you can't be too careful.

Johnny

Thanks.

I would normally worry but as it's in France I'm thinking (hoping) it'll be ok.

Think I might just go for it as even selling the bits I don't use separately should generate a significant portion on that price back (e.g. I've already got an Athena chainset so will have that to sell to offset costs).

Gairy.

Back