Bent out of shape

Marbo

Devout Dirtbag
It's a couple of months since I got my retro bike. Things were going great, until yesterday. I was around 17m into a ride and around 10m from home when I lost 2 chainring bolts. This seems to have wrecked my whole chainset, rings and spider bent.

I replaced all the bolts hoping this would pull things straight, but no. Any advice? should I get a replacement or try to get it fixed. It's a dura ace on a Raleigh equipe btw

Re:

You can't really see the damage unless its being turned, then the ring almost touches the frame.

I don't think I did it any favours trying to bend the spider back with grips.

Just to add I'm not the lightest of people 17st so would be looking for something strong if I was to replace it.

Chainsets don't really bend that easy. What chainring sizes are you looking for? Is there anything written on your Shimano chainset.

Generic chgainsets from 20 odd quid should do if on a tight budget new.

Shaun

Midlife":2v3ys25g said:
Chainsets don't really bend that easy. What chainring sizes are you looking for? Is there anything written on your Shimano chainset.

Generic chgainsets from 20 odd quid should do if on a tight budget new.

Shaun

I suppose there's a chance it may have already been damaged, could be why I lost the bolts.

Not a clue why I thought it was dura ace, the make on the arm is too worn to read. Just had a close look no numbers but I would guess its 53/42.

It would be on a budget, you have any suggestions?

something like this? http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CSRPMCFMR1 ... t-10-speed

Back