Identifying a retro Raleigh frame

Pdows47

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,

I'm new around here, and have just started a summer project to restore a vintage raleigh. However I'm having issues identifying the model so that I can replace the decals with replicas that look right. If not, I'll just put some raleigh decals on that are roughly period accurate.

On the seat post collar is the number 73 (I'm guessing it's year of manufacture) and I can't see the frame number, but that might turn up as I clean it. I've linked to some pictures in case that helps (if it doesn't load then please say and I'll try again). It also has French Atom hubs if that helps with identification

Cheers
Pdows

Welcome :)

Pics would be good, the 73 on the seat lug is probably the angle of the frame in degrees.

Raleigh were pretty good at numbering their frames, bottom bracket, rear dropout and on the seat tube under the saddle were popular places

Shaun

Re:

Here's attempt 2 at the pictures
http://pdows47.imgur.com/all/

The numbers I can find are 59275 on the BB shell, and 50492762 which is on a sticker on the bottom of the seat tube. The forks aren't original, so I'm not even sure what tubing it is.

Pdows

Morning

Your images are not publicly available, so you'll need to change your privacy settings on imgur, or post the pics straight to here

Edit: got to see them by clicking on your photo folder.

I 'think' its circa 1990, and will do some digging to try and work out which model it is.

It's definitely 18-23 'gas pipe' tubing though, so a mass produced bike of its day

Upon cleaning I've found this number on the BB as well 4461531, which I found is conducive with a 1968/69 Sprite, Superbe, or Sport, but they don't look the same geometry wise. Any further help will be appreciated

Back