Raleigh frame ID help

spitball":1qvl7rom said:
Any help welcomed as I haven't paid for it yet
So pay for it already! You got a bargain.

It looks to be a late eighties frame from the Lightweight range.

MrW":1gfnosnk said:
Where does it have Raleigh stamped on it?

From what I can gather it has Raleigh stamped on the rear dropout and a sticker saying it's a product of Raleigh, I can't get anymore info on it so I think I will pick it up tomorrow, but I'm not sure about the 531c as that sticker is from the late 80s is it not?

Oh! and the frame number is under BB

one-eyed_jim":3dh4hxaf said:
spitball":3dh4hxaf said:
Any help welcomed as I haven't paid for it yet
So pay for it already! You got a bargain.

It looks to be a late eighties frame from the Lightweight range.

Maybe, but the frame number?, I can't match it to anything.

Midlife":2tuvw3t9 said:
Most of the lightweight stuff had oversized seat stay caps?

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=178542

Shaun

My 531c race frame arrived today and the stay caps on that are a lot smaller than the frame I'm trying id, as I said the other thing confusing me is the frame number, it surely should start with a W should it not?

I think the W numbers stopped in 1989-1990 but that's from memory which is flkakey at the best of times.

Shaun

If it's post 1989 then the frame number system changed, and it's anyones guess what age it is...

It has Raleigh pedigree, and the silver decal on the bottom of the seat tube suggests that it is a Raleigh, although its had a respray at some point and maybe that was just added?

Time to scrape some paint away me thinks

LU (Lightweight Unit) bike possibly, especially if its 531c

I'll have a trawl through the post 89 catalogues, see if I can find something that looks like this one

Drop out manufacturer will help though...

Thankyou everyone who has helped so far, I will pick it up tomorrow and have a closer look at markings and put some better pictures on here and take it from there.

Back