RetroRonde: Who's going?

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Next month the Retro Ronde van Vlaanderen will be held :) I will be going ...again. Awesome event. Can recommend it to everybody. Looking forward to see you large the turn up will be this year. Steadily growing each year, but certainly no way as crowded as l'eroica.

Last year I wasn't well prepared. I brought a bike with 45x19 (21 couldn't be used) lowest gearing with me and that wasn't a success on the cobbles of the Koppenberg and the Paterberg :roll: Even though I wasn't really fast, I was very tired. This year all will be different. One of the bikes I will bring with me:

468513970_6efcab47ea_z.jpg

With aero levers. Several years ago I wouldn't have brought it with me, but Shimano AX aerodynamic parts can be considered appropriate nowadays I would think.

Re:

Aren't these meant to be pre '87 bikes?
Not criticising, just enquiring

Mike

Re: Retro ronde

One day I will learn to post pics on this site!re the comment about bikes for retro ronde having to be pre 1987,a Vitus 979 certainly can be.Well,mine is!there were also other bikes prior to 1987 with aero brakes and clipless pedals too!So the rules are not consistent really.It is supposed to be fun,though.

Re:

I'd really like to ride it, but my oldest road bike is from 1990 I think, with Mavic components. Aero levers and Look clipless pedals :(
Guess I'll just have to read Ed's after calamity report then! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1koe87ke said:
I'd really like to ride it, but my oldest road bike is from 1990 I think, with Mavic components. Aero levers and Look clipless pedals :(

Mike

Well that's a perfect excuse to buy another bike if ever I heard one :)

Mrs non-fixie and I will both be there. She'll be riding her Benotto, which I've just equipped with a Stronglight 99bis for the occasion. I may take the Giovanni next to it. Then again, I may not. Still undecided.

Grotefoto-GAZ78Z3R.jpg

Back