27.2 x 270mm + seatpost, recommendations ?

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Im looking for a NICE 27.2 seatpost. Trouble is, it needs to be at least 270mm long. Any suggestions other than standard Kalloy ?

Thanks

Mike

Thomson? Surprisingly light and you know you will never break it. However it depends on how old the frame is - it would look OK on mid-90s on, not sure about anything earlier. The Dura-Ace 74xx ones are beautiful and lighter than many carbon posts.

hamster":30po084f said:
Thomson? Surprisingly light and you know you will never break it. However it depends on how old the frame is - it would look OK on mid-90s on, not sure about anything earlier. The Dura-Ace 74xx ones are beautiful and lighter than many carbon posts.

Thanks

It's for a mid '90s Italian bike. Are there Dura Ace ones long enough? Thompson probably wouldn't look right as I think they're in line
Mike

Re:

Yes there were some longer DA seat posts at the end of the 90s unless my memory is playing tricks. Try the 7410 perhaps they went to 270mm or so, giving you about 200 mm at the limit...

Mike, just gone and measured my 7410 post in the garage (alas for you it's a 27.0). Length from saddle rails is approx. 270mm, shaft length 240mm.

Re:

Thanks for your help lads ;)

The Uno one is a bit Ritchey, the other Nitto one too short. The Selcof one looks a bit short to me.
I have a black Ritchey one but would like a nice silver post

Mike

Back