A not exactly correct Carlton Cobra

Needs bar tape, high flange wheels, better wrights saddle and the cables sorting out......oh and some of those shorty pointless mudguards! Fortunately I have all these things.
Better than thinking about the General Election.

Yes and almost perfect. To be honest I've had this waiting to be finished in my shed for about 5 years - other things have distracted me.....

Brilliant, my first proper bike :). That's the red 5 speed, the ten was blue over the chrome.

Looks in very good nick as the Acryllichrome finish WS a bit fragile. BITD we swapped over a load if steel chsinbsets for Maxy alloy cotter less.

Shaun

Yes the frame came in almost perfect condition. I was struggling to fit the old bottom bracket so tried a modern one which went in easily - so it's stuck with the relatively modern crank.
I got it because in 1970 something it was my first proper bike and I must have covered thousands of miles on it. Sadly it was given away by now estranged sister!

So acrylichrome - is a form of powder coating ? Looks really nice I have to say. I wonder why it's not still used - possibly durability issues?

Acrylichrome is the name of the carlton finish of spraying a semi translucent laquer over the chrome (in this case the red) so you get the chrome shining through. And yes it wasn't very tough.

Other frame manufacturers in europe called it Chromovelato............

Shaun

I didn't think this version of the Cobra use acrylichrome, I though the paint was described as 'merged panels' blue or red... Solid then faded in... I could be wrong!

Back