Serrated brake washers...

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
where to get a handful from at a decent price....not prepared to pay 3.99 for a poxy washer!

anyone point me in the direction of some please...

cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
M9 modern size seems to ring a bell but not sure. I hated using them as they marked the frame, how about using a split washer is instead?

Shaun

Re:

Could do with both to be honest, I need to stand some calipers off the front forks a bit, but in general these are the one thing I could do with a decent stash of - I've raided the parts and looks like i've used them all up. I'd of hoped that these were readily available but need to know the size and where to get them cheap!

Just had a quick digital measure of the washers to hand, campag, shimano, modolo and they are 5.7 to 6.2 mm internal diameter. M5 is 5.8 so I guess that's it :)

What are you building?

Shaun

Cheers Shaun, M5 it is then. I'll have a good wander around that website & buy a decent handful of anything that looks like it could be useful.
Building a Vitus 979, 1986 edition. Bolts on the calipers are too long for some random reason?!?!?

Not the old chesnut of nutted brakes being fitted to an Allen key frame?

Is that quite a late 979?

Shaun

Back