MERCIER PAINT

Mercier used a few pink colours, certainly over the time I was out and about in the 70's. Some were plain and some flam.

Rather like the Molteni orange that the Merckx bikes came in, they were different too. Maybe a trip to halfords with the forks for them to match or wading through the nail varnish in Bots?

Shaun

Thanks Shaun
But this will need a complete respray I normally go to the car paint supplier 7 look through hundreds of different shades of whatever particular I need at the time.
I was just hoping that someone might just know the code just to save me time cause I'm a lazy Sod ;)

I never came across a paint code for a Mercier ...... Raleigh / Carlton being run by anal bean counters had an internal code beginning RMM 116 the other companies simply had names. When I took bikes and frames out of the cardboard wrapper it was a miracle that they were painted the same colour. Falcon were the biggest laugh and it was a lottery what was underneath the cardboard.

For a rough guide Mercier were the same colour as the giro d'itralia sticker on Merckx molteni frames

Shaun

Back