Noseless saddles

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thoughts?Im thinking of putting one of the crescent shaped ones on my dads bike as he`s finding his trusted Rolls a bit uncomfortable in his later years.

I've not tried one, but they tend to favour a riding position where you're very low at the front and high at the back e.g. modern TT aero position. The thinking is, firstly, that you can get the saddle a lot further forwards and still be within the UCI rules of saddle position and, secondly, where you're crouching very low and supported high at the back it takes the pressure off your perineum because it supports you either side of your barse rather than underneath it.

Where abouts is he finding it uncomfortable? I've tried scores of saddles recently so I might be able to recommend one.

Ah ok, that makes it harder. Had you considered something a bit broader all over like a Brooks? Of all my saddles, it's probably the best at spreading the load. A secondhand B17 looks expensive but has identical resale value if you don't get on with it.

Unfortunately, I have nothing particularly constructive to add - just a puzzled comment. I too have - a minor but annoying - prostate problem. On my summer steed I have a Rolls and on my winter hack a Brooks Team Pro and both are equally comfortable, even though the manufacturers' specs tell me that the Brooks is 9 mm shorter and 17 mm wider than the Rolls. Therefore, I am wondering if the saddle will in any way improve comfort, if the reason for discomfort is the prostate issue?

If the saddle is to solve the problem, perhaps a Brooks touring saddle (as opposed to a road saddle) is the solution as (once broken in) they are probably designed for transversing the globe in reasonable comfort- just a wild guess :)

Latest posts

Back