Track Pump Recommendations please

MrW

Senior Retro Guru
Mine has finally given up the ghost after many years use, so I need a replacement

Any suggestions? Good buys, bad buys, current bargains?

Cheers :D

Don't laugh but I bought a Raleigh one from halfrauds about 4 years ago, about 12 quid down from 17 on special offer and does everything it should :)

In my bike shop days we had a Kinsman which cost an absolute fortune and doesn't do anything different to my cheapo Raleigh.

Shaun

I asked this question a while back as my beto one was getting a bit ropey.

Bought a Lezyne with an alloy reversible threaded rather than lever/clip/grip adapter. Has a release vale built in. Steel bodied. Really nicely made with wooden handle. nice to use. Works well with a good clear dial.

first link i could find http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lezyne-Steel-Fl ... B00E4NS402

Halfords bike hut.Had it a good few years now. Foots a bit plastic and wobbly but it goes on and on.They also keep spares for it( mine needed a new rubber valve seal).Got a gauge on it as well with a set point.Very easy to see when you are stood up using it
Peter

Lidl £5 (but you just missed it !). Mine just died after 3 yrs (and lots of use), bought another one the same.

Re:

£5 Lidl pump for me also. Bought it a couple of years ago and it's still going strong. Mostly metal construction also ;)

Re: Re:

phantom photon":155yku0c said:
£5 Lidl pump for me also. Bought it a couple of years ago and it's still going strong. Mostly metal construction also ;)

Yup easily as sturdy as much more expensive one.

When i said mine was dead all it is is the clip that goes on the valve won't
stay up. Still works but you have to hold it.

So cheap I just bought another and donated old one to a family member.

half cog":3c5l273w said:
Halfords bike hut.Had it a good few years now. Foots a bit plastic and wobbly but it goes on and on.They also keep spares for it( mine needed a new rubber valve seal).Got a gauge on it as well with a set point.Very easy to see when you are stood up using it
Peter

+1

I had a big grumpy ole man moment with pumps a few years ago. A good track pump seems to have become something no one can make anymore. Finally I bought the Halfords BikeHut track pump and after 3 years its still superb and accurate. Plus they are on offer at the mo at £19.99, 50% off :)

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/tools-m ... with-gauge

Latest posts

Back